- The mission of the Divine Mercy Apostolate is to spread God’s message of mercy to all parishioners and visitors.
- To foster unity among devotees through retreats, feast-day celebrations, Novena, etc.
- To provide uniform and authentic version of true devotion to all who are holding divine mercy prayers in their neighbourhood.
The message of The Divine Mercy is simple. It is that God loves us – all of us. And, he wants us to recognize that His mercy is greater than our sins, so that we will call upon Him with trust, receive His mercy, and let it flow through us to others.
There are three main themes to the Divine Mercy Devotion:
to ask for and obtain the mercy of God, to trust in Christ’s abundant mercy, and finally to show mercy to others.
The elements of the devotion which Divine Mercy Apostolate (DMA) facilitates are:
1. Venerate the Image of Divine Mercy.
- I am offering people a vessel with which they are to keep coming for graces to the fountain of That vessel is this image with the signature: “Jesus, I trust in You”. (Diary, 327)
2. The recitation of the Chaplet of Divine Mercy
- this prayer when prayed from the heart with trust, would have great power and draw “unimaginable graces” (Diary, 687)
3. The Novena to Divine Mercy.
4. Celebrate the Feast of Mercy – Divine Mercy Sunday.
5. Observe the Hour of Mercy – 3 O’ Clock Prayer.
- it is the hour of great mercy… the hour of grace for the whole world, the hour when mercy is triumphed over justice. (Diary, 1320, 1572)
6. The spreading of acts of mercy (Corporal/Spiritual).
- Pray for the elderly, the sick and the dying, the conversion of sinners and the salvation of souls – Every Wednesday at 3:00 pm in the Adoration Room.
- Support wake prayers.
- Sing at Funeral Mass conducted in CDM.
- Offer mass for the souls of the dearly departed.
- Visit the sick in hospitals or homes and recite the Chaplet of Divine Mercy.